I quilted my first quilt on my as-yet-unnamed quilting machine

So I started at 8:15pm (or was it 9:15) last night and finished at 1:55am this morning, but I got my Mom's pink and brown quilt quilted on my quilting machine! I watched the DVD that came with my Hinterberg machine once on Tuesday and then popped it in last night and let their spokesperson and really good teacher, Anne, walk me through the steps. Gotta tell you, that was VERY helpful! I did take a class from Anne a few years ago, but I didn't have a machine back then, so it was nice to be able to see a friendly face and hear a friendly voice walk me through the steps of pinning the quilt to the frame, threading the machine, getting ready to quilt, and using the template boards.


I did a very basic quilting job on this project, just using the leaf template that came with my machine. Mom really wanted to get this quilt to its recipient, and I'd spent way too much time thinking about the quilting pattern I wanted to do on it, when I really just needed to get the first project under my belt and get some experience with my machine and the process. So since I'm heading down to Illinois this weekend, I thought I'd get it done and take it to Mom. She was ready to take it right away to its new owner, but I reminded her that it would still need to be bound. Maybe I should take some time this afternoon before I head down and get the binding sewn on. How good of a daughter AM I?

And what did Mom say when I called this morning to surprise her with the news it was quilted? Well, first, she guessed, which took the wind out of my sails a little bit. But then she said, "I've been checking your blog to see if you were working on it," (isn't that sweet) followed by "You've GOT to stop buying fabric!" (Told you she'd notice!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!