Links You'll Love: May 8

Travel is how I started my week--check out the treasures from my travels. And travel will wrap up my week--visiting my Mom and my Sister for Mother's Day. In between, I worked, took care of some personal business, had a date with my guy, and got my hair done. I also picked up my contacts and had a checkup for those, picked up my new glasses and sunglasses and got them fitted, and got my phone back from its repair shop and returned the loaner. As I look back, it really WAS a busy week! And not just for me. Check out what my blogging buddies have been up to.

Alexa Westerfield a.k.a. Swelldesigner
Alexa shows you how to make Fontalicious Wall Art that is bold, graphic, and fun! And definitely cheap and easy to do!

About Family Crafts
Let's celebrate Half-Way to Halloween! Some people may think that it is too early to think about Halloween, but actually, Halloween seems to top the of list of people's favorite crafting holidays.

Cross Stitch at About.com
One of Connie's friends says the free When This You See pattern looks like a brain. Connie was inspired by the pocketbook plant. No matter what you see, the abstract design with traditional saying will be a fun stitch.

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
Madge reviews Jean Campbell's gorgeous new book Steampunk Style Jewelry.

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
Paper Jewelry inspired by The Encyclopedia of Contemporary Jewelry Making Techniques by Vannetta Seecharran

Craftside--A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world

Craftside's got a great tutorial on how to paint on fusible web, a photo of a beautiful Roman Stripe quilt from the book-The Quilt, fun photos from a bee field trip with author Kim Flottum and a "Mean Girl" Logo from the book Letterhead & Logo Design 10.

The Crochet Dude
Drew has just released the names and addies of the Michaels test stores nationwide that will be carrying his new line of crochet tools and kits - starting THIS weekend!

The Artful Crafter
How to navigate the sea of digital file extensions.

Crafty Princess Diaries
Tammy is celebrating about her summer vacation, but at the same time, she's trying to focus on the long "to do" list!

Mixed Media Artist
A wonderful quote by Dorothy Day inspired Cyndi to make a little canvas board assemblage.

1 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

Sounds like you had a lovely trip. I love the fabric you selected. Great quote by Dorothy Day too.

Happy stitching,
Susan

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!