Pink Purse for the fundraiser

So here's project two for the Camp Shaw fundraiser. When my sister gave me the smaller shirts, I didn't want to turn them into a second reversible tote--WAY too predictable! So I pulled out a few of my purse patterns and books and found a discontinued McCalls sewing pattern 5011. This pattern included instructions and patterns for three different-shaped purses and when I opened up the tissue pattern sheets and started looking at them, I noticed that one of them fit the screened area of this t-shirt perfectly! What are the odds? So it had to be turned into this handbag. I found the perfect ribbon to attach the bag to the handles and the perfect handles.

But then, when it came to the back of the purse, I realized there might be an challenge. The camp web address was positioned high on the back, which meant that I had to do something to position it properly on the purse. I set the screened portion low, since it was the only place it could fit, and I sewed another piece above it. I backed the pink ribbon with black ribbon and sewed it over the seam. I lined the purse with a mottled pink cotton that was almost a perfect match.

One tip: I did back all of the t-shirts with fusible interfacing. The cotton lining fabric will help to keep it from losing its shape.


Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!