I found a photo of the baseball quilt

This organizing thing really does pay off. You have to look closely to distinguish between the baseball print and the pieced blocks, but I couldn't resist. If you recall, I posted a version of this quilt using teddy bear fabric in addition to the more subtle version that appeared in McCall's Quick Quilts.

This quilt was made for a very special newborn whose nursery was decorated in a baseball theme. His father is an avid Cubs fan, so the quilt was perfectly suited for the little slugger. The red and black fabric I used for the inner border and binding picked up on the color of the stitches on the baseballs. But it's possible that the black and white pieced blocks didn't offer the best balance with the large-scale baseball print.

I even went the extra step and made a really appropriate label for the quilt.

1 comments:

Sherri Osborn said...

I love it... I think I have some of this fabric in my stash!

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!