Ornament Thursday heliotrope

Happy Ornament Thursday! This month's theme is heliotrope which wikipedia describes as a pinkish purple. I forgot the pink part when I designed this piece, so forgive me on that. But I bet some of my Ornament Thursday friends got the color right! Let's see.

Ornament Thursday is here!
Michelle Zimmerman gets funky with these home made mica shift bead earrings and Helen Bradley secretly raids someone else's bead box for a fun silver bracelet.

Heliotrope: Purple by any other name…
Lisa waffles on what shade of purple is really "Heliotrope"

Heliotrope-Ornament Thursday
Did someone say violet?

Shelly...
Michelle shares a heliotrope layout of her daughter and her fish!


As for my creation, I made it to go with a black and heliotrope dress that I bought a while back. I bought the beads a while ago as well, and finally got them turned into this necklace. So now I only have 4 months to wait until I can wear my halter dress with this four-strand piece. The inner strand is all fire-polished glass, and the other three strands have mini freshwater pearls mixed peppered in here and there. And the great clasp is from Star's Clasps.

As for my giveaway, everyone who comments on this post on my blog or on this month's Ornament Thursday post will be entered to win some of the very same beads I used in this piece. I seriously overbought for this necklace, so I have almost five strands of the glass and more than 30 of the pearls remaining. The deadline for posting is March 11 at noon Central Standard Time. I'll announce the winner on here on my blog and on the Ornament Thursday blog March 13. Please be sure to provide some way for us to contact you.

6 comments:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What a gorgeous necklace. I love all things beads. I have so much fun finding them as hidden treasures in a pop flat won from a bid at an auction or estate sale. Please sign me up for the drawing. Jody

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Don't fret!
My favorite annual is Heliotrope (smell is out- of- this- world!)and although it does come in a pinkish/purple variety, I mostly see it in deep purple.
Jean J.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Linda, the necklace is beautiful. You know, you could wear the halter dress and the necklace a lot sooner if you lived out here in Los Angeles!!!
Love ya, love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at Ornament Thursday post for several months and here you all are using my favorite color! Purple! Your necklace is beaufilious! (beautiful and delicious)

Alice A said...

You know that purple is my fav too, seester! It's gorgeous! And so is the website! Love ya, Alice

Alice A said...

You know that my fav color is purple too, right? Love the necklace, love your website, seester! I was creative too today! Love, Alice

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!