Utah Shop 7--Whimsy Cottage, Holladay, UT

From Midvale to Holladay, I really lucked out. Whimsy Cottage was located right next to a Baskin-Robbins. I had a coupon for a scoop of ice cream for my birthday, so that seemed to be a good plan for lunch. But first, the shop. Fabulous, funky fabrics greeted me when I walked through the door. But again, I was on a deadline, so there could be no dilly-dallying. And there wasn't. Decisions were made swiftly and I ended up with great stuff! Though I have loved each and every shop so far, I think if I had to make a choice, this one wins as my favorite shop. That mum-like fabric in the bottom center absolutely feels like the 1950s come alive. Had to have it. Bought yardage. I also bought some fabrics that are actually from Asian-inspired collections, but I'm not really into oriental prints. I know a lot of people are, but they don't speak to me as much as others do. Checkout time, 12:37pm. I made a quick decision about my ice cream scoop and I was on the road again!

On this shop's site is this quote by Thomas Edison: "There ain't no rules around here! We're trying to accomplish something!" I'm considering writing that on big sheets of paper and posting it in every room in my house for inspiration. It's the closest I can come to living in that shop and remembering their fabric selection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!