I made a card at the CHA Trade Show--creative time!

As I wandered around the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) trade show a week and a half ago, I wistfully watched retailers and other vendors making "make and takes"--projects designed by the vendors to showcase their newest products. I usually don't make them--not because they're not fabulous and not because I'm not interested. My belief is that the vendors create them so that retailers can learn how to use the vendor's latest products. Then, the retailers can take the finished project home and use it to promote the product that they were inspired to carry in their store. That being the case, I hate to take a chair or use up products that a retailer could benefit from. But I saw this card Wednesday afternoon and said hi to Melony Bradley who was leading the demos. She had a full house of folks wanting to make the card (who wouldn't?), so I watched them all create their own cards, as I was trying to commit to memory how the card went together. On Thursday around noon, I happened by the booth again and Melony was just wrapping up her final cardmaking session. She felt bad that I didn't have a chance to make a card on Wednesday, so she quickly walked me through one.

The funny part is that between this card and some purchases from the CHA SuperShow, I became convinced that I needed the Marvy Uchida 2-1/2" scalloped circle punch used on the front of the card. I found it at Ben Franklin Crafts in Oconomowoc a week ago Friday and will probably end up creating some more cards like this in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!