Just a little fabric for a Friday

I had a very busy and stress-filled week at work last week, so as a reward for a hard-working week, I stopped by a close-to-the-office quilt store--Bits N Pieces in Waukesha, WI. They don't have a web site, but they're at N4 W22496 Bluemound Road in Waukesha--1/2 mile west of Sam's Club. The shop is part of a restored 1850s farmstead--I believe it occupies the old chicken coop. The farmstead also includes Jack's Cafe, which occupies what was the horse barn converted into the pig barn in the 1940s. The farmhouse is an antique store, and I believe there's an art glass shop in the garage or shed next to the house. It's a great location--and Jack's has great food. But I digress. Back to the topic at hand--the fabric. This is the shop where I bought the fabrics I turned into my backpack two years ago or so. And I do love to browse this cozy shop. I was pressed for time and found some great items pretty quickly, as you can tell by the photos. I'm envisioning the old-school repro aqua fabric as a border for a black-and-white or black, white, and aqua very graphic design. Really fell for this print--as you can tell, since I also bought a fat quarter of it in orange and also almost bought it in a great 1940s green, but I had to draw the line somewhere!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated. Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!